This year my grade 2 classroom was opened to a whole new world of living things. We have grown our own butterflies which is always fantastic to experience, but through the world of live streaming we were able to share this and have also experienced so much more! We got started by live streaming our chrysalises so that we could watch them from home. Aside from a few technical difficulties it was awesome! Check out the set-up we had.
Primarily in North America, we have been invited into classrooms as they stream their experiences of eggs hatching, butterflies emerging as well as the live nests of eagles and falcons. Here are a few links to get you started:
- Mrs. Malkoske’s Creepy Crawly Classroom has Painted Lady Butterflies
- Mrs. Cassidy’s Egg Stream has pheasants during school hours
- Mrs. Poulin’s Kindergarten Class has ducklings
- The Decorah Eagles live from their nest in Decorah, Iowa
- The Peregrine Falcons nesting on the Radisson Hotel in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
If the channel you click on is offline when you try, check back later.
You can also check out the butterfly journey my class enjoyed this year as we journaled our observations on our butterfly blog page.
Are you streaming something we could also check out? Leave us a comment with your link.
-Leslie Dent Scarcello